Commission communication tools are designed to inform, educate and encourage accessibility of information to clients, First Nations, communities, and multiple levels of government.
Commission communications are as follows:
- Directives (DR) and Information Letters (IL): alerts industry of a change in regulatory requirement. Directives and Information Letters are effectively orders of instruction issued by the Commission under its mandate as the regulatory authority of the oil and gas industry in the province for British Columbia.
- Information Bulletins (IB): disseminates information updates to all Commission stakeholders. IBs are process or practice changes, not changes in regulatory requirements. They announce a variety of topics including updated Commission publications such as manuals and guidelines via the Commission website and clarification of previously published materials.
- News Releases (NR): announces a range of Commission news items such as: scheduled events, awards, report releases, staff accomplishments, and corporate sponsorships.
- Reports: serve as information documents providing insight into specific aspects of the performance, methodology and results of the Commission’s major operational activities.
- Safety Advisory (SA): informs industry of safety related practices, processes or observations by the Commission regarding management of operational activities associated with resource development.