Hydrocarbon and By-Product Reserves Report - 2012
The annual Hydrocarbon and By-Product Reserves Report detailing the province’s 2012 reserve levels for oil, natural gas and by-products is available on the Commission website.
Natural gas reserves increased 16 per cent from 2011 to 1,138.5 109m3 in 2012. This represents the province’s highest level of proven gas reserves inventory, which continues a 12-year trend of annual increases.
New features in the 2012 report include:
• Detailed discussion of major unconventional plays (Montney, Horn River, Liard and Cordova Embayment)
- Geology, drilling and completion stats and production typecurves
• Technical review of Montney oil and gas reserves.
- Statistical distributions of EUR/well and well density maps.
• Reserves parameters by Field/Pool available on the website in pdf and excel format.
The Ultimate Potential for Unconventional Petroleum from the Montney Formation in British Columbia and Alberta
The National Energy Board (NEB) has released a study of the Montney Formation’s marketable, unconventional petroleum potential. A partnership with the BC Oil and Gas Commission, B.C.’s Ministry of Natural Gas Development and the Alberta Energy Regulator, you can read the full report here.
New CSA draft standards have been recently posted for Public Review
Please be advised that the following CSA draft standards have been recently posted for Public Review:
CSA Z245.20 Series – Plant-applied external coatings for steel pipe (New Edition)
CSA Z245.30 – Field-applied external coatings for steel pipeline systems (New Standard)
The public review period will close on September 7, 2013.
The drafts can be viewed and comments can be posted at this address:
http://publicreview.csa.ca/Home/Category/004 (scroll down the list to see the two drafts)
Revised Service Plan 2013/14-2015/16
Improved Northeast Water Tool
The Northeast Water Tool (NEWT) has been updated to improve functionality. Click here to view NEWT Version 2. NEWT has the following enhancements:
- The ability to query individual section 8 approvals or water licences on the map screen throughout the entire province.
- The detailed compilation of all section 8 approvals and water licences in the PDF output.
- The addition of major oil and gas roads to the map.
- An improved tool box.
- Significantly improved model performance for mountainous regions.
To ensure you are up to date on regulations and changes to submission requirements, please sign up for our email distribution list. If you would like to receive Commission publications such as Industry Bulletins, Information Bulletins, Directives and Safety Advisories, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stay up to date by signing up for the Commission’s RSS feed.