Frequently Asked Questions - Online Services
Before you can access a variety of the functionality on our website, you must create an account. You can create an account by doing the following:
- Go to http://www.bcogc.ca.
- At the top of the website on the right, click "Online Services"
- Under the grouping title "Additional Links", click "Create an Account / Change Password".
- Enter your email address and click "Submit" to start the process of creating an account. (PLEASE NOTE: Your email address is not your login. Your login will be emailed to you.)
- Follow the online form to complete your account.
- You should receive an automated email from our system with your user name (usually first initial last name).
**If you have any issues creating the account or if you do not get an email with your password please contact email@example.com for support.
- Open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click Content.
- Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
- Click on Manage Passwords.
- Click on the Web Credentials Manager.
- Click on the drop down arrow by the web site you want to remove the password.
- Click on Remove.
- Open the Chrome menu using the button on the far right of the browser toolbar.
- Choose the Settings menu option (highlighted in blue).
- Click the Show advanced settings… link located at the bottom of the page.
- In the “Passwords and forms” section, click the Manage passwords link.
- You can easily manage the usernames and passwords that Firefox has saved for you.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Click the Security panel.
- Click Saved Logins… and the Password Manager will open.
- Go to http://www.bcogc.ca
- At the top of the website at the right, click "Online Services"
- Here you will find the Online Services/Applications that are made available by BCOGC.
- One that may be of interest is "Data Downloads" that can be found in the "Web Applications" grouping. You can log in with the login account you created on our website.
- Once logged in, click "MENU", then click "Data Downloads"
On the data downloads webpage you will find the following information
- Directional Surveys in pdf format for March 2009 onward.
- Other directional survey data
- Drilling data for wells in BC
- Hydrocarbon and by-products reserves in BC
- Monthly Drilling Reports
- Production data for wells in BC
- Unique Well identifier changes
- Well Index data (by various options)
- Other download data.
- To access either of these applications you need to be granted Drill Comp Prod Rep access to our system. Each company has a company administrator that can grant you this access.
- If you do not know who your company administrator is please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request the contact details.
- Please note: You must create your login account before you can ask your company administrator for this access.